About Me

I was born in 1982. I do not have a degree, but I am very pleased with this job that allows me to earn more than a degree holder and excel at what I'm good at.

I used to work as a sales assistant in Kinokuniya for $1K a month. I was irritable and grouchy, because I was underpaid for a job that did not value me. Needless to say, I was perpetually in debt.

Subconsciously, I was frustrated. I felt that I deserved more, be it pay or recognition, but I just didn't get what I deserved. Attempts to improve the system were seen by colleagues as encroaching on their territory and challenging their abilities.

That was when I realised I could never be an employee. There is simply no incentive to work hard or to take pride in the job. I did not want to just wait for 5pm everyday, and month end to collect pay.

My life really started in 2006 when I joined real estate. After I closed one deal that was more than one and a half years of my Kino salary, I have never looked back.

It empowered me to afford a better lifestyle, bringing my parents to tour Spain, Cambodia, Tibet, etc. I feel that travel broadens our horizons, and allows me to be more appreciative of what we have in Singapore.












































My other hobby in photography trains me to take a step back and look at the bigger perspective, as well as notice little details.

Earning enough in proportion to the effort and hard work I put into every deal, this also cultivated the confidence I have in myself and my capabilities. It also motivates me to be creative and constantly improve my service.

I strongly feel that more transparency is needed in the real estate industry and that the way forward is to have professional and ethical agents who take pride in our jobs and take on a consulting role. Our job is to provide our owners with the information they need to make an informed decision regarding their assets.

Now, when I get creative and try to improve on my service, I see instant rewards in terms of commissions and my customers' direct praise. I prize job satisfaction more than monetary gains - on occasion, I have advised customers not to sell if it is not to their benefit. I am out for long-term business, not hit-and-run.

After 4 years in this industry, I am looking towards recruitment as a way to share my knowledge and cultivate trustworthy and responsible agents I can partner with.

I believe sincerely that if you have a passion and you are good at it, the money will come accordingly.

Is your current job paying you proportionately to your efforts or in terms of job satisfaction?